Friday, June 27, 2014

Review: Silver Is for Secrets (Blue is for Nightmares #3)

493123Silver Is for Secrets by Laurie Faria Stolarz

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


No!!!! So creative. Saw it coming. Great twists. Loved the plot. No!!!! *sniffles*

I spoiled it for myself a bit. I knew the outcome. I just didn't know how it was going to happen, so I was still safe. Still came as a shock to me. I feel for Stacy big time. Not once did I ever think of the possibility that things could have happened the way they did. It was obvious things were fishy. Jacob's distant self, keeping secrets from Stacy. Drea and Chad having a rough patch. Courtesy of Carla from 'Connecticut'. Or is she really who she say she is... *chills*

Drea really made me sympathize with her, and I found myself more often cheering for her and agreeing with her and Amber on their impression of Clara. I still wanted to punch Chad in the face. This time I just found PJ annoying and mostly wanted him to shutup and get straight to the point. Amber seemed superficial at times, epecially when mentioning some frat boys. I liked how Drea and Amber still supported Stacy throughout everything and didn't just ditch her when they were on vacation.

Loved the backdrop of Carla and the reasons as to why she was doing what she was doing. The connections made sense in the end, although too late. Stacy even found out near the very end when she fell asleep. I think its ironic how she finally told him how she really felt about him. Right before everything went down.

The informative sections in the end of Stacy's recorded conversation were really insightful. I was able to feel her hatred for Carla, numbness about Jacob, and the ever present sadness that things were connected with the past. Donovan. The past never really stays in the past. Back in Book Two, her mother reminded her that her grandmother used to say that. This felt really....prominent, or precedent for lack of a better word.

Overall, this story was well written, appreciate the author's hardwork, and glad snippets of Jacob's journal were included in the end. Better late than never.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment