Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Review: Rushed


22457818Rushed by Gina Robinson


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Loved it. Loved it. LOVED IT!.

College: Sororities. Frats.
Things will get wild. Totally crazy. But fun...

There was never a dull moment. I literally felt as if I were living the life of a sorority girl and having so much fun and making friends, and more than likely frienemies (ugh), but it is part of the college experience. I, myself, am a college student. I was able to really enjoy the events that occurred and I was more often then not, like-minded with the characters. It was so easy to sympathize with them, and feel as strongly for what they were going through. The fun was so thrilling and the parties were detailed perfectly. It made me wonder why I was reading late at night on a Saturday about going to a party on a Saturday night.

And then I remembered that I love books.

Finally. First off, the main characters are Zach and Alexis. They practically fall for each other the second they gaze up at one another. The fact that they live in the same Sorority house doesn't help much. They just can't stay away from each other. They keep getting drawn together closer and closer. He is the house boy, she is the third-generation legacy...and their are rules in the house. Houseboys are inferior. Not up to standard, and if they are caught sleeping with a girl from the house, the consequences are far from lenient and way past harsh.

The story was set at an easy pace, not too slow or at all rushed (pun intended). Just right. Loved the puppy scene. Very slick and hilarious. I wish there was more to read about the relationship between Zach and his parents, as well as Alexis and her parents, especially her mother. I also wanted to know the depths of Alexis' punishment and what happened to Morgan.

The events that played out were fantastic, not the actual happening of what occurred, but how well they complimented the whole story in general and flowed smoothly. Every detail was on point, I cannot stress that enough. Beautifully written. No big mistakes as far as I could see (even without my glasses). Just a typo here and there, not that much that stood to out me to where I had a problem reading.

Overall, this was just great work. I loved the story and absolutely look forward to the next book coming in the Fall.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment