Monday, June 30, 2014

Review: Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades #1)


10818853Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James


My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Soon to be a major motion picture.


This book reminded me a little of Sylvia Day's Bared to You, just a bit. But other than that, was very interesting nonetheless. This is the first book I've ever read to have BDSM. I always thought that sort of thing wouldn't be my cup of tea. But this book changed my perspective completely.

I know that not all authors don't write exactly the same way, so I've prepared myself to never read anything else exactly like this book pertaining to how the BDSM scenes were written. But there will always be this spark of hope that something might come up.

Anyhow, the little disappointment I got from reading this book is just the comments from others about this book not being appropriate for me. When I was told this, it made me assume that this book must be extremely hardcore. And that was what I prepared myself for when I got down to reading it. Thus, explaining the little disappointment, but was nothing less than an intriguing, and exciting new experience.

Loved the that this book was different from anything I've ever read. Gave me a new visual to see things and a better understanding to this in particular. Even though I was not up to par with reading the way the book was written, it never put me off. Would recommend.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment