Monday, July 7, 2014

Review: Hotter Than Helltown (Preternatural Affairs #3)


22552668Hotter Than Helltown by S.M. Reine


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Drop. Dead. HILARIOUS!.

I READ THIS KNOWING NOTHING!!

Well..just the synopsis of the first two books in the series, but other than that, I knew nothing!!! It was the bomb! I was able to catch on fairly quick, whenever there was a moment that mentioned something happening in the first two stories, it was well explained and I took it in stride. the storyline never wavered. Absolutely hilarious!!

I literally busted out laughing when reading this in my kitchen. My grandparents just stared at me, and then my Grandpa asked my Grandma, "What's wrong with her?" I had to hole myself in the restroom cause I couldn't take knowing that they're only looking at me because I'm laughing. and I'm laughing at what happened in the book. Thus, making me crack up all over again. It was a never-ending cycle.

I can't really explain that to them, they won't get it....

I need a friend to book talk with, or gush over the hot male character and call dibbs on him first!.

This reminded me a lot of the Anita Blake series. Although, I consider this book YA and the Anita Blake series New Adult pertaining to the books' content, I still found some similar qualities. However, I do find this more appropriate for younger readers. Even with the jokes and the sarcasm, it fit perfectly.

I was trying to mentally grasp an image for the main character, Cesár Hawke, as well as Fritz and near the end, since having never read the first to books, I was finally able to judge their characteristics and get more of a feel from them. I only wanted to punch Janet and the Vice President in the face. Sorry to be so blunt, but not that sorry.

The details were so descriptive, I felt as if I were watching the whole thing while reading it. Great wording.

Overall, I am satisfied with the outcome and about what I thought of the book as a whole. To be honest, I was scared to start this book that is in the middle of a series. I always start from the beginning because I don't like missing out on things that may or may not be crucial in the next book. Anyways, I enjoyed reading this story and look forward to reading more great work.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment