Saturday, July 5, 2014

Review: Branded (The Cavanaugh Brothers #1)

13633186Branded by Laura Wright

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This gives the perfect meaning of country: Hardworking, manly, sexy men and some fun in the sun.

I always fall in love with country-vibe setting stories. The added bonus was that it all happened in Texas in particular, so basically in my backyard. Laura Wright has the cowboy and billionaire wrapped into one, making it even hotter. Stories that take place far away are great, but the ones closer to home make it all seem more real and exciting. Its as if having front row seats to something happening right next door! Thus, my reason for reading this book.

I liked how steady and unwavering the story is written, especially when it traverses from the past to the present, it was done really well. It gives a bit of a backdrop of the Cavanaugh's tragic past directly from Cassandra 'Cass' Cavanaugh's diary as to why problems took place in the present for the Cavanaugh brothers and the working hands on the Triple C Ranch, as well as the reason for the behavior of the main characters, Deacon Cavanaugh and Mackenzie 'Mac' Byrd.

The storyline of Branded flows really well with the romance between Mac & Deacon and the ever-present mystery of Cass' murder. When things start to blend, that is when things get rocky and interesting for the Cavanaugh gang and Mac. A never-ending cycle of secrets being revealed, more secrets being made and deals taking place. And they will all get a shock of their lives, more than once.

When I got near the end, I was hanging onto every single word, and then I was just left hanging, but it left me wanting more! I, for one, do not hate cliffhangers, but I do dislike them if it does not seem promising. This one has completely got me hooked.

Overall this was a great, steamy, and hot-as-heck read, fell in love with it from the start, and I definitely look forward to reading the next book in this series.

-4 Frogs (Steamy)


This was originally posted on The Book Vixen as a guest review.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment