Friday, June 27, 2014

Review: Willing Victim


Willing Victim by Cara McKenna


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This was just too good to be true. This read was like an answer to my heart's deepest desires. Truly, a dream come true if this were to happen to me...

Not only do I compliment the writing style, but how surreal it all seemed, although it did seem as if it could really happen to anybody.

Reading this made me envy Laurel, and happy for her as well. Even before her confession moment about her mother.

To be honest, I can relate to Flynn. His mention of insecurity, self doubt and shame. Especially when it came down to sexual prefernces.

I have his preferences, but Laurel's experience and willingness in the beginning.

That's where the envy kicks in *chuckles*

I mean, what were the odds of Laurel meeting Flynn that day, and him being open to take her offer for lunch, and to invite her along to see what he was really like that weekend? What were the odds of Flynn actually being only with Laurel and no one else? And what of his sister and niece, much less his mention of Robbie and how he idolized him.

In the end, Laurel just wanted someone to take care of her and love her, unlike her mother. Michael Flynn was a really great guy. He made himself seem like a no-good-son-of-a-bitch, well, if you wanted him to be...
He was real sweet, and a good body language reader. He called her out and she was grateful afterward. She finally analyzed everything that made her hold an invisible shield up and she her own insecurity for what it was. They had there laughs and tear jerkers, and not to forget the hot moments.

Overall, this read was perfectly right for me. This book was recommended to me and I cannot thank them enough for their suggestion. This was just my cup of tea.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment